The South Dakota Department of Public Safety Driver Licensing Program provides voter registration services in accordance with Section 5 of the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA).
To file a complaint, contact Jeannelle Yitagesu or complete and submit an NVRA complaint form.
To learn more about registering to vote, updating your voter registration, canceling your voter registration, or the NVRA, please visit the South Dakota Secretary of State website.
Revised Driver License Application
- Email to Driver Licensing staff about revised application form (6-29-2022)
- Memo to Driver Licensing Personnel and County/City Issue Partners (6-30-2022)
- Application Form (revised 7-8-2022)
This poster was created by DPS to provide education about voter registration through South Dakota's Driver Licensing Program.
- Training slides used by the South Dakota Department of Public Safety (10-7-2022)
- Training slides used by the South Dakota Secretary of State's (SOS) Office (10-7-2022)
- Training Attendance Roster/Information
NVRA Complaint Procedure
- Complaint Form (fillable .pdf)
- Complete complaint form and return by email, by fax to (605) 773-3018, or by mail to:
DPS Driver Licensing Program
Attention: DPS NVRA Compliance Coordinator
118 West Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501
- Memo provided to staff explaining complaint process
Voter Registration Without a Valid South Dakota Driver License, Non-Driver Identification Number, or Social Security Number
- Written procedure provided to County/City Issue Sites
- Written procedure provided to Driver Licensing Staff
- Flow Chart
Issue Site Contractual Agreement
- City Issuance Template
- County Issuance Template
- Memo to City/County Issuance sites regarding new template
- Signed agreement tracking sheet
Driver License Monthly Transaction Data Summaries